Everything here represents my own opinion and not the opinion of The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection or the United Methodist Church.

Monday, December 18, 2006

FaithWork

On Saturday, I was able to take part in a mission project with my small group. At The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection, one of the entry level mission opportunities is called FaithWork. It was a great experience. We arrived on Saturday morning, signed up for one of about a dozen projects that were

available, received driving directions and the name of a contact person when we arrived.



We drove downtown to City Union Mission. My wife, Nicole, and I served in the Christmas Store, which is a space set up to distribute Christmas gifts to low income families. An individual signed up, received an appointment time, and chose a particular number of gifts to be wrapped and delivered on December 22. I enjoyed the time and opportunity to practice my faith.