Everything here represents my own opinion and not the opinion of The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection or the United Methodist Church.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Cherry Vanilla Scented Windshield Fluid

Yesterday I purchased windshield washer fluid for my vehicle. When I went to the local auto store and asked for windshield washer fluid, they pointed me to a stack of boxes. There were two choices: evergreen and cherry vanilla. They were both windshield fluid with de-icer. However, I had never considered the possibility of having something scented for the outside of my vehicle. In addition to a clean windshield, is it necessary to have one that smells fresh?



Does this happen in the church? Are there times when yours or other congregations engage in activities or ministries that do not truly assist in the congregation's vision and mission and in making disciples of Jesus Christ? Consider what is truly important. In the words of Bishop Scott Jones - "The main thing is to keep the main thing, the main thing." That is... Making disciples of Jesus Christ.