Everything here represents my own opinion and not the opinion of The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection or the United Methodist Church.

Monday, November 06, 2006

2006 Staff Retreat

I am currently on a retreat with the director level staff of Church of the Resurrection at the Tall Oaks Conference Center in Linwood, Kansas. It is a beautiful setting - wooded campground and a cool fall day. I was not sure quite what to expect yesterday when planning and packing for the experience. The schedule includes time for assessment of particular items from the past year and planning for the year to come. Also time for solitude, reflection, fellowship, worship, and communion. Thus far it has been a time of balanced work and rest, which is great. It has been quite valuable for me to get away from the normal setting of ministry to just relax and think about the coming year. I will continue to write and reflect on the experience. The ongoing planning and visioning is an area that I am excited to learn about and experience.